Monday, June 7, 2010

Look For Me By Moonlight by Mary Downing Hahn

Here’s a small blurb off of the Amazon page for this book: Cynda's mother and stepfather are travelling, leaving her with her father and his second wife in a remote inn. When a strange older man comes to stay, Cynda becomes involved in his otherworldly charm, entering a dangerous world where she becomes more alienated from her family and in deeper trouble than ever. A tense plot evolves. -- Midwest Book Review --This text refers to the Hardcover edition.

This book was published in 1995. It was pre-Twilight, and yet it too is a vampire tale. Very different than Twilight though. I liked this book, so much in fact that I read it in one day. It held my attention. I liked the fact that the poem “The Highwayman” by Alfred Noyes is quoted in it, hence the title. And yes, I can totally see how a 17 year-old girl could be drawn to a man who’s 30. Especially if, said man knows the things to say to lure a girl away. I even remember when I was her age, feeling some of the emotions poor Cynda felt. I would say this book age range would be 12 and up. I’ll give it 3 roses.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what your thoughts are regarding my posts! ~Thanks

Currently Reading

Currently Reading

Just Finished

Just Finished