Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Failing Test by J.M. Pierce

Here's a blurb from goodreads about this book:  Test Davis has always been a blur to those around him. He's a shadow like a million other kids--not smart enough for the academic team, not beast enough for the football team, not stuck on himself enough for the drama crowd. In all things Test is just...not, which is why no one ever notices him.


But what happens when someone does notice him-- Nicole Paxton, a cheerleader, no less? What happens on the night that Test finds out there's nothing average about him and that a powerful gift has been hidden within, secretly waiting to be set free and alter his life forever? The question is, will that power save him and those he loves or tear them apart?

The story of Test Davis pulled me in right away.  I became absorbed into what was going on with him, would he wind up with Nicole, would he and his mother mend their tenuous relationship?  To be honest the book was a little heavy on the description, which made it somewhat long as well.  I was grateful that the story was as strong as it was.  The character of Cliff, who comes towards the later portion of the book was fantastic.  Overall, I enjoyed it and would give it 3 swaks.

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like an interesting read - intriguing plot lines :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your new look and your SWAK's are adorable! I see I have a few book reviews to go through to add to my list.

    hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This book sounds really good. I will have to add it to my TBR pile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the review. The nice thing about description is I can skim. Unless it's an audio book. Then I'm stuck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great review! I've never heard of this book but I'm so intrigued!!! :) On the TBR list right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great review! It sounds like a good book though I'm not sure if it's one for me.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what your thoughts are regarding my posts! ~Thanks

Currently Reading

Currently Reading

Just Finished

Just Finished