Monday, February 1, 2010

Kids Are So Smart

So my son and I were cruisin’ around the other day. He just turned 13, the day before. That fact has nothing to do with this post, other than I can’t believe he’s already a teen. Wow! Anyway, back to my post. We stopped to get a smoothie. Mine had oranges in it, along with other tasty flavors.

I was sitting there, waiting for the arrival of our frozen delights, pondering something. I’ve wondered about this in the past, I just never thought to ask my kiddo. I said, “You know how orange flavored things actually taste like oranges? Why don’t grape flavored things taste like actual grapes?”

I just know those genius genes came from my side of the gene pool. He paused for one second and said, “Well, I think actual grapes have a bland flavor, so they make it taste a little different to make it more appealing with grape flavored items.” Now doesn’t that just make sense?

Granted, it wasn’t a huge life altering type of question, but I’m glad to have that small little question answered. If I get the answers to any more of life’s little mysteries, I’ll be sure to share them with you here.

2 comments:

  1. Kids can so often get straight to the heart of matters. That's why I love teaching! Happy bday to the new teen! They do sprout up so fast :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it! Especially the part about the genius genes coming from your side. Sounds like something I would say. :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what your thoughts are regarding my posts! ~Thanks

Currently Reading

Currently Reading

Just Finished

Just Finished