Thursday, December 15, 2011

Torment (Fallen 2) by Lauren Kate

Here's a blurb from Ms. Kate's website:
LOVE NEVER DIES
Lucinda is sure that she and Daniel are meant to be together forever. Now they are forced apart in a desperate bid to save Luce from the Outcasts–immortals who want her dead. As she discovers more about her past lives, Luce starts to suspect that Daniel is hiding something. What if he has lied to her about their shared past? What if Luce is really meant to be with someone else?

My Take
I liked the first book of this series, Fallen, but I didn't love it.  I still have those same lukewarm feelings for this installment as well.  I did like this one a bit better.  I felt Luce was more independent and that was a great thing for her character.  I also liked the supporting characters in this one as well.

I look forward to reading Passion to see where this story goes.  Can't wait to resolve the cliffhanger at the end of Torment too.

Oh and the cover is simply gorgeous!!  I'm giving this one 4 angelic kisses!

1 comment:

  1. I've been meaning to read this series. I've heard so many great things about it. Thanks for your review.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what your thoughts are regarding my posts! ~Thanks

Currently Reading

Currently Reading

Just Finished

Just Finished