Saturday, August 21, 2010

Accept the Challenge

I love YA literature.  I mean, obviously, the name of my blog is YA Literature Lover, but I really do mean it.  Young Adult literature really moves me.  I think it's because I remember struggling to figure out who I was back then, to really be me, and trying hard to be the best version of myself that I could be.  Don't go thinking I actually got it right all the time either.  Not by a long shot!  But it's those failed attempts that teach us a lot about ourselves as well.

Needless to say, I love young adult books.  I'm sure you do too or you wouldn't be trolling my blog. :o)  For which I truly thank you too.  Go have a look at this website: The Contemps  They're a group of YA authors who are keeping it real.  They write contemporary YA literature.  Everyone likes a little fantasy now and then, but I find I'm drawn to contemporary literature too (and no, it has nothing to do with the fact that I'm writing a YA contemporary novel).  There is something about sitting down and reading a book about a character going through something you've been through, or maybe it's something similar.  At any rate, they are all something relatable.  I love that.  Through these books, we come together.

So cruise on over there and become a part of this challenge.  It will be fun and you'll get a chance to read some great books.  Heck, you might even win something. 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like fun - thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've already visited. Love it. I am a huge fan of YA lit as well.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what your thoughts are regarding my posts! ~Thanks

Currently Reading

Currently Reading

Just Finished

Just Finished